Corn is the ultimate side dish to all BBQ! I came across this recipe on Pinterest this Summer and wanted to share. The only thing I added to the recipe is 1/2 Cup of Parmesian cheese. The saltiness of the cheese elevates the dish. The is a great salad to make the day before a BBQ. Making this salad ahead of time allows the ingredients to marry. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Interested in More Amazing Side Dishes?
Follow Us At https://www.pinterest.com/elusivecowgirl/
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is smoky, spicy, tangy and incredibly delicious. If you love the Mexican corn on the cob then you will love this version.
- 4 cups corn (about 5 ears), cut from the cob (or 32oz of Frozen Corn)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice (from about 2 limes)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sour cream (or yogurt)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (or feta), crumbled
- ½ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Cut the corn off the cob. I used 5 ears to get about 4 cups. You can also use canned corn or frozen corn.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the corn and stir it around. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the corn starts to char, which is why we're using high heat. If using frozen corn, you will need a couple minutes extra to get the right charred bits.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and let it cool for a couple minutes.
- To the same bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Stir everything together until well combined. Adjust lime juice and salt and pepper, as necessary.
- To serve garnish with additional cheese and cilantro, if preferred.