Tunic Tops a must have staple in every cowgirls wardrobe! What is considered a tunic top? It is longer that a women's shirt but shorter than a dress. A Tunic top can be worn with jeans or leggings. The trick is to wear the tunic in a way that is most flattering for your body.
I Love pairing tunic tops with a pair of leggings and Knee High Cowboy Boots. I always suggest to our customers to pick a solid color tunic. Then buy a couple pair of printed leggings. You get more bang for your buck if with a solid tunic!
Here are some suggestions on how to wear your tunic:
- Pair a loose tunic with slender bottoms: straight or skinny jeans, not flared or baggy. A more fitted tunic can go nicely with a boot cut pant.
- You can wear shorts with a tunic! Just make sure we can see those shorts beneath that tunic (i.e the shorts need to be longer than the hem of the tunic) and if you have great legs, this is a great way to show them off as shorter shorts with a loose tunic can be a great combination.
- Adding a belt to a tunic can look great, but then forgo a necklace.
- Billowy tunics can be held in by a shrunken jean jacket and/or a heavy necklace, or belt.
- I’ve never seen a tunic look good with a skirt. If you want the look of a tunic with a skirt, just buy a tunic dress.
- If you pair a long tunic with bermuda shorts, wear wedges, as you’ll need to visually add more height to your lower leg to balance the length of the tunic, plus the length of the shorts, all of which is happening above the knee.
- A tunic is a classic style that is forgiving for many women to wear. Embrace it!